Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Back

I haven't done anything since before the holidays but I have been busy. I found The Carter Method in my search for self education back in November. Purchased artist quality paints, made my shadow box for my first still life and finally settled on a subject for the set up. I have 2 canvasses stained and they should be dry and ready to go now.
       I purchased a cheap set of oil paints to play with the wet on wet technique and am starting to practice with the one stroke technique again in acrylic. Oh yeah, I started drawing again too. I have been trying to draw a human looking face that doesn't look like it is the result of a jolt from a cattle prod. For only my 2nd serious attempt I am comfortable with the results while there is room for improvement. Rome wasn't built in a day. I started it while waiting in a doctors office. I wanted to use the time productively. I had to leave the magazine there with the ad I was using. I searched it out on the web and continued it last night while killing time in a hotel room. Again trying to be productive with slack time.  It isn't done but here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment