Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Done!

Wow has this painting been a journey as well as a learning experience. Having only painted with the Bob Ross method, I have never painted from a reference photo until now. It is very different. I started out on this canvas and aborted the painting. I wasn't happy with it. I started it again on a smaller board and tried to correct a feaux pous and messed it up. Messed it up bad (see below). This was my 3rd attempt now back to the original canvas. I only did the tree line 3 times, the water 4 times and the shore line at least 4 times, the sky at least twice, the rock 3 times and the trees in the reflection on the left once. I am ready to call it done now. I was going to try it again in oil but I'm a little tired of looking at the same thing. Who knows, time will tell. I still regret not making the horizon lower. It threw off the painting from the get go. It is also brighter than the photo as it was brighter in person. This photo was taken under the shade of trees and the camera is a basic one. It really was a beautiful, tranquil place.






No comments:

Post a Comment