Sunday, November 14, 2010

getting carried away and happy accidents

Bob Ross always said "we don't have mistakes, we have happy accidents". Well, too much of a good thing can be bad.

I had put the trees in on the left side and got carried away with the highlights and closed all the spaces between the trees. In layman's terms I made mud. Then I tried to fix it that's when things took a turn for the worse and this was the result.
        Being somewhat stubborn in nature I was not to give up. I tried it again and and wasn/t crazy about the results. I was scouring the internet for ideas and tips and found a few pages about the Flemish 7 layer method. I was wondering if I could use the same principle with acrylics. I redid the first row of trees in the now 3rd attempt and actually got some depth in the treeline.
It isn't done but I/m satisfied so far.
I remember my Uncle telling my father that if you sketch, it will help improve your ability. I have never been able to draw people. I saw a few "how to sketch" videos and decided to give it a go. I started working on being able to draw lips. Easier than it sounds. The following page was done over a few days. The top left was first and the top 3 on the right were last. Some looked horribly deformed but it's a learning process, right? I like the second one down.

I wanted to try and draw from a picture  found a picture of Alicia Silverstone Click here to see. It's a little washed out as far as contrast but it's my first attempt so who cares. It may make it easier. This is what I have so far.
 This was my first real attempt at drawing an eye and a face. I think I have the shape of the eye off a little but it came out somewhat realistic. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment