Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Photoshop and photography

I have been playing with a 30 day trial of Photoshop from Adobe. It has come a long way from when I last used it which was more than 10 years ago. 10 years in the computer world is like in eon in real time. They offer this 30 day trial in the hopes that you will buy the software of course but what the did which in my opinion is brilliant, they now offer a monthly subscription which makes this affordable to the casual user. It allows the saving of what would otherwise have been a disappointing photo. The first 2 photos are untouched but I liked parts of each so I darkened the sky a bit which is shown in the 3rd.
       Back in the prehistoric days of film photography you got whatever the person running the developer thought it should look like. I remember getting several rolls with a green, red or blue bias to the entire roll. It was very frustrating. I tried to develop a relationship with developers who did the processing on site so they would understand what I was looking for especially with the astro photography I had done. Sadly these places are mostly all gone now. Here are the results.
Underexposed

Overexposed


Somewhere in between which I like


It also allows you to make changes from this


To this

And from this
To this



I am having fun with this program and will probably become a subscriber which allows you to get the latest updates as the are released. It is so easy to use now as compared to the past it's a pleasure to use. Bravo Adobe



No comments:

Post a Comment