Sunday, March 10, 2013

I've been a little busy

It never seems to fail. I went from having too much time on my hands from an unexpected layoff to working full time with many hours of overtime for the past 9 months. Believe me, I am not complaining. It doesn't however, provide time for the things I like to do to feed the creative person inside of me who is feeling a little neglected lately. Given that I work in the paradise that is the south fork of Long Island and am surrounded by nature all day, I figured I would treat myself to a new fangled digital SLR camera. I have wanted one for years and thought it would help with my artwork. I also used to dabble in photography and astrophotography back in the 80's. What I didn't realize was you can do time lapse photography with these cameras very easily. I wanted to catch the sunrise this morning given it was the end of the moons cycle and there was just a slither of moon before sunrise. So at O dark thirty in the morning, off to the beach I went. This image is what it looked like when I got there.
You can see a slither of the moon in the right side of the sky. I then set up the intervalometer to take an image every 12 seconds. I got 434 usable images in succession and at 30 frames a second it yielded 16 seconds of video. Unfortunately, as the sun rose so did the cloud cover but it was still pretty cool. Here is my first attempt. I'm sure there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment