Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Teddy Bear Still Life (WIP)

I started this project in June. Then there was a death in the family and the desire to paint left me. I started a new job shortly after that and didn't start to pick at it again until the end of October. To be honest I didn't know if I ever would finish it.

I started painting this using The Carder Method. He recommends starting with a still life. Fruit was out of the question. Frankly anything perishable was out of the question given the inability to devote hours a day to paint. I was looking around the house for objects when I came across this Teddy Bear given to my mother from my nieces. I also had the jelly bean jar and was trying to arrange them when out of frustration I dropped the bear in the jar and I liked it so now I had a subject. It still isn't done but It should be soon. Here is where I'm at. The shadow needs work and I am not done with the bear as I wanted to get the background and foreground done to help with the values on the dark side of the bear. I also have to re-do the letters in bean as I dragged yellow paint over it when blending the jar.
My Set up has changed since I took the reference photo (several times) and the camera tends to bleach out the shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment